Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Today's Shopping Trip - Sand Dune Stripe CRB and Puckered Quilt Grooves

I visited both the Irvine and Newport Beach stores today. I got the new Sand Dune Static Black Wee Stripe CRB. This CRB seemed to work with my coloring much better than the Black Microstripe CRB that was out a couple of months ago. The photo above is a comparison of the Sand Dune CRB on the left to a Heathered Coal Wee Stripe Power Y on the right. The Sand Dune is a bit more muted. The fabric contect of the Sand Dune CRB is 69% Nylon, 23% Polyester, and 8% luon. Unlike some of the other wee and microstriped CRBs, the fabric feels nice and thin (the black microstripe was thick and scratchy to me) and a bit slick. It doesn't feel extra soft like the Power Purple microstripe CRB.

Black Microstripe CRB



I also bought the Blurred Gray/Spring Quilt 10 Grooves shown above in the top photo (middle photo in the second picture). I really like the puckers in the bottom band of color. The colors in the band are Citron, Coal, Grapeseed, Black, and Heathered Sand Dune (I think). Also, the luon in these Grooves (my store had the bottom two Groove versions in) felt like "old" luon - soft and thicker. I did a bend test and I could see the edges of my underwear but not the color of my underwear so I think good luon is back. I will definitely let you know if these Grooves pill early or excessively.

The purple in the band is Grapeseed but I compared it to a Casis CRB that was in the racks and I couldn't find any difference betwen the two colors. I took a photo of it compared to some of my headbands and tanks:

This photo shows a Dance Headband that has Casis and Lilac compared against the Grapeseed square. It's hard to tell Casis and Grapeseed apart. The mesh headband is Power Purple.

This photo compares the Grapeseed square to a Lavender Energy SL tank.

This photo shows a close up of what I believe is a Heathered Sand Dune square (top) in the quilted band of the grooves. I am excited to see Heathered Sand Dune show up in the technical luon fabric. I will be all over a CRB in Heathered Sand Dune if/when it comes out. The Blurred Gray felt really soft but I'd love to see this fabric against static coal/gray to see what the exact difference is. However, I know I'd love a CRB in blurred gray.

I saw the Tango Red In Stride and it had more orange in it than I thought it would. I think Lulumum called it a tomato red and I've got to agree. Maybe it will look a little different in other fabrics/styles but the In Stride was a pass for me in this color. I might consider a CRB in it, though. I took a look at the new Black Citron Tinted Canvas print and I'm excited for tanks to come out in the print. I was also looking for the Mudra wrap but neither store had it but they did have the Iconic. The largest Iconic Irvine had left was an 8 so I didn't try it on. I saw the Angel Blue SS swiftlys people have said they spotted in the stores and they are definitely made in Israel. I'm pretty sure they are from left over stock from the summer. The Newport store had a couple of the Disco CRBs left in a six and and eight and those were very old stock - they were made in Canada and the light luon felt different than the other CRBs on the rack. I was hoping to see the Iris Wee Stripe Lively tee but the stores just had Snorkel and Violaceous. The Newport store had all the Citron CRBs marked down to $29. I briefly considered getting one but ended up with the Grooves instead. New pants are a big splurge for me but I couldn't resist the puckered quilted waistband and the nuetral colors used.